Partner Tom Sacchetta secured a 5.4 million dollar verdict on behalf of a bicyclist who suffered traumatic brain injury as a result of a bicycle accident. Through thorough investigation, it was determined the roadway on which the bicyclist was riding, was defective in that there was a deviation in the road surface resulting from previous roadway repair. The defect in the roadway was in the precise area where a bicyclist would be legally operating his or her bicycle. Not only were we able to develop a strong argument of negligence against the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, but with the use of experts in the field of neurology, neuropsychology, life care planning and vocational evaluation, Tom was able to demonstrate the tremendous economic and non-economic impact that this injury had upon our client and his family.
Ultimately, following a lengthy trial, the jury returned a verdict in the amount of 5.4 million dollars, finding that PennDOT had been negligent in their inspection and maintenance of the roadway. At no time, did the defendants make any offer of settlement in the case.
Read Full Article
Jury verdict $600,000.00 (including $350,000.00 compensatory and $250,000.00 punitive damages) in favor of an individual who was pushed from his bicycle into moving traffic, sustaining significant injuries to his leg.
Verdicts & Settlements in the News
- Contractor Found Liable For Woman’s Drive-Thru Lane Fall
- Jury Awards SEPTA Driver in Motor Vehicle Collision
- Passenger Injured In Truck Crash Receives $1.6M in Bench Trial
- Delco Jury Awards $1.125M Over Med Mal Claims
- $2.6M Verdict for Trooper in Defective Gun Holster Case
- Delco Jury Awards $5.4M to Brain-Damaged Cyclist
- Delco Jury Awards $7.6 Mil. In Car Accident Suit
- Carpenter Secures Settlement in Forklift Incident
- Apartments To Pay For Resident’s Icy Fall
- Girl Scout Secures $2.8M Settlement After Fall From Rock
- $12 Mil. Accident Verdict for Woman Hit by Stolen Car
- Case Over Electric Shock to Carpenter Settles for $2.5 Mil.
- $1.9 Mil. Product Defect Settlement for Woman Attacked by a Rotweiller