$750,000.00 settlement - Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas
$750,000.00 settlement in insurance and bad faith case. Following a significant jury verdict on behalf of our client against a minimally insured party, we accepted from that party an assignment of his claims against his insurance company. We were able to establish that his insurance company had placed its own interests ahead of its insured’s, in that the insurance company had failed to adequately investigate the claim and make an offer of settlement once it was determined that a settlement offer was warranted. Settlement against the insurance company included claims for interest, attorneys’ fees and potential punitive damages.
Verdicts & Settlements in the News
- $12 Mil. Accident Verdict for Woman Hit by Stolen Car
- Delco Jury Awards $7.6 Mil. In Car Accident Suit Liability Findings Limit Victim’s Take to $100K
- Contractor Found Liable For Woman's Drive-Thru Lane Fall
- Delco Jury Awards $5.4M to Brain-Damaged Cyclist
- Girl Scout Secures $2.8M Settlement After Fall From Rock
- $2.6M Verdict for Trooper in Defective Gun Holster Case
- Case Over Electric Shock to Carpenter Settles for $2.5 Mil.
- $1.9 Mil. Product Defect Settlement for Woman Attacked bay a Rottweiler
- Passenger Injured In Truck Crash Receives $1.6M in Bench Trial
- Delco Jury Awards $1.125M Over Med Mal Claims
- Carpenter Secures Settlement in Forklift Incident
- Apartments To Pay For Resident’s Icy Fall
- Jury Awards SEPTA Driver in Motor Vehicle Collision